Integrating with Salesforce Marketing Cloud allows for your customers email activity data to be brought over to Zaius
What Data is Integrated
Email Activity Data: The last 24 hours of activity (sends, opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes).
All data is synced daily after the initial import is completed.
Integrate Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Log into your Salesforce Marketing Cloud at members.exacttarget.com
Navigate to the Administration section in the top right hand corner.
Once in the Administration section, click on Account in the top menu and go to Installed Packages.
Click the New button and name it 'Zaius'. Description is optional.
Once created, click the Add Component button.
Select an API integration type and click Next.
Add the following Permissions and click Save.
Channels > Email: Read, Write, Send
Contacts > Audiences: Read, Write
Contacts > List and Subscribers : Read, Write
Your installed package should look like this:
Next, navigate to the Email Studio header. In the dropdown choose Email.
Once there, click on Admin
In the dropdown on the left, choose Send Classifications. Make note of your external Key for your Commercial Sending
After noting that, navigate to Subscribers in the navigation bar. Make note of the subscriber key (it will be either customer id or email).
Add ExactTarget Integration to ZAIUS
- Navigate to Administration -> Integrations -> Exact Target. Fill in your details to match the those from Salesforce Marketing Cloud App Center.
- Fill in the Client ID and Secret from the Zaius Installed Package.
- Select ‘S1’ for server instance.
- Fill in the Send Classification (use External Key not name) and Exclusion Filter (this may be left blank) to match how you usually send from ExactTarget.
- The Subscriber Key Type determines how Exact Target subscribers map to customers in Zaius. If your subscriber key is a globally unique customer ID, then select Customer ID. Otherwise, select Customer Email (and your subscriber keys must be email addresses).
- Click ‘Save’. The integration will be enabled and start the initial import.