The Zaius integration with Mailchimp allows for your customer and email activity data to be brought over to Zaius. Zaius will automatically capture all email send, open, and click events for your customers while also allowing your selected Mailchimp audience to sync to Zaius regularly.
The data made available by the integration is:
Customer Data: The customers from the audience chosen during integration and all customers that have received an email in the last 60 days.
Subscription Data: The subscription status for the audience members chosen during integration. The possible statuses are:
- Subscribed: Mailchimp sends a "subscribe" event. This event results in a "null" value for the customer's global consent in Zaius. With a "null" value, consent is implied, and the customer will receive emails.
- Unsubscribed: Mailchimp sends an "unsubscribe" event. This event results in a false value for the customer's global consent in Zaius. With a "false" value, the customer will not receive emails.
- Cleaned: Mailchimp sends a "bounce" event. This event results in a "null" value for the customer's global consent in Zaius but also a "false" value for their reachability. Customers with a"false" value for reachability will not receive emails.
Email Activity Data: The last 60 days of activity, which includes sends, opens, clicks, and bounces.
To integrate Zaius with your Mailchimp account:
- Login to Mailchimp and go to Account > Extras > API keys.
- Generate a key by clicking Create A Key.
- Insert the generated API key into the Mailchimp integration tile in Zaius under Account Settings > Integrations. Also, select the desired customer audience by inserting it into the List Name field. Typically, the selected list is your "Master Audience" or the audience with the most members.
- Select the Save option. The integration will be enabled and start the initial import. It could take a few hours for the initial import to finish depending on the volume of email history in the last 60 days.