We would always recommend using the email designer within Zaius as it gives you much more power over the content without having to write custom liquid for personalization. Many people do have pre-built templates that they bring with them, this will show you how to import them in.
Import HTML Template for Email
Before importing HTML, please see our guide on how easy it is to create emails in the Zaius Engagement Designer.
Anywhere the email designer appears you are able import HTML in. By doing so, you will be unable to use some features of Zaius:
- HTML templates cannot be automatically converted into a Zaius Engagement Designer template
- Zaius Engagement Designer templates can be converted into HTML, but not edited and converted back (you will lose your work). If you want to insert raw HTML into a designed email, use the RAW HTML component instead
- To use personalization you will need to use liquid directly
The steps to import HTML in are:
- Open the Zaius Engagement Designer either in Templates or Campaigns
- Click on Convert to plain HTML
- Click Source
- Paste in your HTML
- Click Source to switch to see the design