A series of messages is a great way to move customers towards a specific goal such as a purchase, sign-up, or reengagement. If the customer achieves the goal, you will want the messages to stop sending, especially if there are further incentives like more substantial discounts.
What is an exit
An exit facilitates the removal of a customer from a campaign. An exit happens when a customer is no longer reachable (e.g., Unsubscribed), no longer meets the campaign criteria (e.g., Enrollment segment), or has achieved a specific exit goal. These goals can be anything that you can define with a filter.
Add an exit
Adding an exit is only available once you have multiple touchpoints. If you want to measure the performance of a campaign with a single touchpoint against a specific goal, you can do that by customizing your attribution settings instead.
To add an exit:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Click the name of the campaign that requires an exit.
- If there's only a single touchpoint, add another by selecting the Add a touchpoint option.
- Click the Exit Rules accordion menu to reveal its options.
- Enable the Customers who match option and select a filter from the drop-down menu.
- In the upper-right, click the Save option.