Product data is used to create filters, reports, and personalized customer content. The import of product data can be done via manual uploads or ongoing syncs via the API.
- Product field reference: This will direct you to the Objects & Fields section of your account, where you can review your existing default and custom product fields.
- Creating custom fields: An article outlining the creation and review of custom product fields.
For custom integrations, the best way to send your product data is to upload to an S3 bucket (we would create this for you) or send us the products via our products endpoint.
Upload product data
To upload a CSV file to add product data in bulk:
- In your Zaius account, click the Account Settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the sidebar, select Integrations under the Data Management section.
- At the top of the integrations page, click the Upload CSV button.
- Drag and drop a CSV file onto the Drag & Drop area or select the browse option to locate the file elsewhere. To ensure the information is imported correctly, please follow the file formatting guidelines outlined below.
Format your data correctly
The file's name should begin with zaius_products and use the CSV UTF-8 format, with a header row of field names. An identifier field, such as product ID or name, is required to import the information. If you're using gzip compression, your file must end in:
Importing custom information
You will need to create custom fields if your import contains information that does not align with existing Zaius fields. Once a suitable field has been created, you can import the associated information by including the field name as a header in your import.
Sync product changes
If your campaigns require near real-time product information (e.g. stock changes, new product releases, etc.) it's recommended that you send product changes throughout the day. While this could be achieved by performing multiple incremental product uploads each day, it can also be done with less effort overtime via the API.
Send product data using the Products API.