Custom fields are needed if they are not provided in our reserved list for each object. Once you create a custom field, it will only capture the new data that you send. For example, if you were trying to send us a custom field for a week, and then created it, we will not have that previous weeks data stored in our database.
When uploading data for custom fields please use the Tag Name. If you are not sure what the tag name is, go to your ⚙️-> Data Management -> Objects & Fields in your Zaius account.
Create a New Custom Field
To create a new custom field, navigate to the location mentioned above and choose Create New Field
From there choose:
- Object - the object you want the field on
- Display Name - how it will be seen in segmentation & analytics in the app
- Field Name - how it will be referenced in APIs and liquid for content
- Field Type - data type of the field, this will be validated against in APIs
- Field Description - Reference information/Context you want to provide for others
This field will now be available in APIs and throughout the application.