Amazon S3 is a simple storage service that allows you to import data via CSV or JSON to Zaius. This import can be done on a recurring or one-time basis. To use S3, you need the bucket (location) you wish to access and the access key/secret for authentication.
Import files using S3
To import files using S3:
- In your Zaius account, click the Account Settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the sidebar, select Integrations under the Data Management section.
- Locate and select the AWS card to reveal its details.
- If you do not have access to S3 yet, you will need to generate a key and secret. Click Generate Access Keys to create your key and secret:
Connecting to S3
Using command line
Copy a local file to S3
aws s3 cp zaius_customers.csv s3://zaius-incoming/<your tracker ID>/ --sse
Copy a complete directory of files to S3
aws s3 sync /tmp/yourlocaldir/ s3://zaius-incoming-temp/<your tracker ID>/ --sse
Using an application
Download and Setup
- Download a free tool like Cyberduck.
- Launch Cyberduck and click Open Connection.
- Select Amazon S3 from the services dropdown menu.
- Enter the AWS Access Key ID that you received from Zaius.
- Enter the AWS Secret Access Key that you received from Zaius.
- Click Connect.
Additional information on using Cyberduck to import files can be found in their documentation.