Hosting a preference center on a custom domain allows more granular control of the branding that customers see when managing their subscriptions. There are two requirements to host a preference center on a custom domain:
- The ability to update the DNS records of your domain.
- Access to one of the following emails to enable secure links: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
Create a custom domain
To create a custom domain for a preference center:
- In your Zaius account, select the Account Settings icon from the main navigation bar.
- In the sidebar, select Preference Centers under the Email Settings section.
- Select the Edit icon on an existing preference center or opt for a new one by selecting the New Preference Center option instead. More on customizing the center is available here.
- Locate the Customize your preference center URL section below the editor.
- Click the Select a domain dropdown menu and choose the Create Custom Domain option. For example, the domain could be preferences.acme.com.
- Select the Create button.
Update CNAME records
The CNAME records of the selected domain must be updated to redirect traffic to the correct URL. Use the values provided in the Type, Hostname, and Value fields to make this update in your DNS provider.
Send a domain verification email
An email containing a secure link must be sent to ensure ownership of the custom domain. Amazon Web Services (AWS) sends this email on behalf of Zaius to all the addresses listed, and your team must click one of the links to confirm ownership before publishing the preference center.
Validate and verify records
Once you've updated your DNS records and clicked the domain verification email, you can check that everything has appropriately updated by selecting the Domains & IPs option from the sidebar and clicking Verify all DNS Records at the top of the table. The authentication usually takes 10-15 seconds. Once verified, the status for the associated records should become green checkboxes.