To enable birthday campaigns, Zaius provides three default fields on every record:
• Birthday (Month) - dob_month - The numeric month that the customer was born (e.g. 1 - 12)
• Birthday (Day) - dob_day - The numeric day of the month that the customer was born. (e.g. 1 - 31)
• Birthday (Year) - dob_year - The numeric year that the customer was born (e.g. 1980)
The most popular way to populate these fields is via a web content form:
Note: Population of these fields can also be accomplished via CSV, API, or SDK.
Using these fields [at minimum Birthday (Month) & Birthday (Day)] Zaius calculates two Observations:
• Days until Birthday
• Calculated Age
Using "Days until Birthday", creation of a birthday campaign is then trivial:
- Create a segment using the observation and the number of days want to send before their birthday:
2. Add a constraint to not send to customers if they've received the campaign:
3. Set the campaign as recurring:
4. Customize your template and applicable birthday offers
5. Go Live!