A birthday campaign engages customers that are throughout the purchase funnel. The campaign celebrates the customer's special occasion and has an opportunity to encourage conversion and foster their relationship with your brand.
If someone provides their birthday information, it's a good idea to celebrate the occasion. Birthday campaigns are very effective for client nurturing and are relatively easy to set up and maintain. Show your customers that your brand cares with the added benefit of higher than average click-through rates.
Configure the campaign
The birthday campaign will need to be created from scratch. To enable birthday campaigns, Zaius provides three default fields on every customer profile:
- Birthday (Month): The numeric month that the customer was born (e.g., 1 - 12)
- Birthday (Day): The numeric day of the month that the customer was born. (e.g., 1 - 31)
- Birthday (Year): The numeric year that the customer was born (e.g., 1980)
These field values are typically populated via submissions to a web modal/embed, a CSV import, the API, or the SDK. Using these fields, Zaius calculates two customer observations:
- Days until Birthday
- Calculated Age
Using "Days until Birthday," the creation of a birthday campaign is relatively easy.
Create from scratch
To create the birthday campaign from scratch:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- In the upper left, click Create New Campaign.
- Select the Behavioral option from the prompt. If you're presented recipes, select the Create From Scratch option at the bottom right of the prompt.
- Under Enrollment, select the Create New Segment option.
- Create a segment using the "Days until Birthday" observation. The segment expression should be a combination of customers with an attribute, the days until birthday observation, and a timeframe. An example can be seen below.
- Refine your audience a bit further by ensuring that the Enrollment Rules constrain the campaign to individuals who have not matched the campaign in the last year. This setting helps ensure that customers only celebrate the occasion once a year. The recommended settings can be seen below.
- Scroll down and click the Select start time and schedule button in the Touchpoints card. In the subsequent prompt, select the Recurring option and ensure the campaign has a start date, no end date, repeats daily, and sends at an appropriate time. See the example below.
- Scroll down and click the existing touchpoint to create the campaign's content. Ensure that you include your brand's header and footer. The rest is up to you! If you're looking for some inspiration, there are some great examples here.
- Select the Save option in the upper right.
- Preview and test the campaign to ensure it meets your expectations.
- Go Live when the campaign is customer ready.
Preview and test the campaign
The preview function allows you to review the touchpoint on-screen, while the test function allows you to send a test through the touchpoint channel instead. Both options are available in the upper-right when viewing a touchpoint within the editor.
To make the campaign's content available to your customers.
- In the upper-left, select the campaign's name from the breadcrumb menu.
- In the upper-right, click Save to ensure all touchpoints are up-to-date.
- In the upper-right, click Go Live.