The product opportunities report surfaces the relationship between a product's views and its sales as long as the product has sold at least twice in the last 30 days. This information provides insight into product performance and can guide how to handle the product's marketing efforts moving forward. Products display at the parent product level where applicable. To access the report:
- Select Company from the main navigation.
- Select Insights from the submenu.
The report's data
There are two dimensions to product opportunities:
- Visibility score represents product detail page views, where 100% is the most viewed product. Products at 90% or higher are in the top 10% of viewed products.
- Sales score represents product purchases (in units), where 100% is the most purchased product. Products at 90% or higher are in the top 10% of purchased products.
An average or efficient product has similar scores across both dimensions. Products with strong sales as compared to visibility (the upper-left) represent compelling opportunities and may benefit future promotions, changes in customer flow, or merchandising opportunities. Products with weak sales as compared to visibility (the lower-right) suggest inefficiencies that may need addressing.
Each product also has a Gem Rank, which is the rank of product in the full product set when evaluating the difference between sales score and visibility score:
Gem score = Sales score - Visibility score
The products with a Gem Score closest to 1 are Hidden Gems — compelling products that drive sales far beyond what their views would suggest.
Explore the data
Refine and explore the product opportunities report in three ways:
- Click product bubbles to filter the table.
- Select regions in the legend to filter the table.
- Sort and search the table's results by using the search bar and clicking the headers.
After identifying opportunities by exploring the report, create a collection. The collection allows these products to be quickly surfaced to customers in any campaign using a dynamic grid. To save products to a collection:
- Refine the table's results until the product displays in the righthand sidebar.
- Select the Add icon next to the product and its information.
- Once all of the desired products are selected, click Edit & Save.
- If desired, change the order that the products appear and then click Save.
To reference the collection in a campaign touchpoint using a dynamic grid, choose Products as the Content Feed and Opportunities under the Collection header as the Source.
Identify seasonal opportunities
To understand how products performed during a timeframe, like a specific campaign or a holiday season, use the timeframe selector in the upper-left:
The Trending Today option is weighted and biased towards more recent purchases and viewing activities. When using the Custom Range option, the purchase and view activity averages across the range, with no weighting.