If there's no reachable audience for a campaign preview or test, Zaius can expand the audience to allow for the preview or test to proceed. This expansion of the audience only pertains to the previews and tests, not to the campaign's final delivery. Some scenarios that expanded audiences can address:
- A continuous cart abandonment campaign, with only a few cart abandoners per day.
- Campaign constraints restricting sends to recipients to a maximum of once per week.
How it works
If there's no reachable audience, the expansion will be attempted automatically. When this happens, a warning icon will show in the top-left corner of the preview.
The audience will only be modified in specific ways, to respect the general definition of the targeted audience segment. The feature will:
- Ignore other campaign activity requirements such as matched, opened, or clicked specific campaigns.
- Expand timeframes for required behaviors (e.g., when targeting customers who abandoned their cart in the last hour, the timeframe will expand to include cart abandoners from all-time).
- Ignore list subscription requirements.
- Ignore campaign constraints.
- Ignore activity timeframes.
When an information icon is shown instead of a warning icon, the audience is not being expanded. However, expansion can be manually toggled on in order to review more samples.