In a situation where there is no reachable audience during preview, Zaius can expand the audience to allow for preview of the content. This expansion only pertains to previews and tests, not to campaign delivery. Here are some scenarios that may leave no audience available, but which expanded audiences can address:
- A continuous cart abandonment campaign, with only a few cart abandoners per day
- Campaign constraints to make sure a campaign sends to recipients a maximum of once per week
When using expanded audiences, the audience will be modified only in specific ways, so as to respect the general definition of the segment targeted.
Specifically, expanded audiences will:
- Ignore campaign constraints
- Ignore activity timeframes
- Ignore other campaign activity requirements (e.g matched, opened, or clicked certain campaigns or campaign groups)
- Ignore list subscription requirements
- Expand timeframes for required behaviors (e.g., when targeting customers who abandoned their cart in the last hour, the timeframe will expand to include cart abandoners from all time; when using behavior in a dynamic grid, the timeframe will expand)
How do I use an expanded audience?
If there is no reachable audience during a preview, expansion will be automatically attempted. When this happens, a warning icon will show in the top-left corner of the preview modal.
When an information icon is shown instead of a warning icon, that means the audience is not being expanded. However, expansion can be manually toggled on in order to see more sample previews.
Test sends also benefit from expanded audiences. When sending a test message, if the reachable audience is zero, the audience will automatically be expanded (when possible) to send the test.