A UTM parameter is a snippet of code added to the end of a URL to track the performance of campaigns and content. There are five variants of URL parameters you can use - source, medium, campaign name, term, and content type. The dimensions you decide to track via UTM show up in your analytics reports and can give you more insight into your marketing performance.
By default, Zaius will set those parameters when used to create and send campaign content. This behavior can create conflicts if you are using Zaius and SendGrid to send campaigns independent of one another. In a situation like this, you'll want SendGrid to attach UTM parameters when emailing directly through SendGrid, but not when Zaius already took care of it.
Enable the override
If you're observing unexpected or duplicate UTM parameters in your Zaius content, you'll want to ensure the default UTM override is active. To allow the override when the campaign originates in Zaius:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Locate and select the campaign that includes your email(s).
- Select the Edit icon on the email touchpoint you'd like to override.
- Scroll to the bottom of the editor.
- Check the Force override of SendGrid UTM parameters option.
- Select the Save option at the top-right of the editor.