It's often useful for the content in an email to be thematically similar. For instance, when a particular campaign focuses on a specific brand or product category, it may be undesirable to include alternative product references in a grid of recommendations. Product-based filters allow you to refine and control the information that your customers see.
Create a product filter
To create a product-based filter, follow these steps and make sure to select Products for the Feed option. This setting will restrict the selectable fields when configuring the filter to only product-based fields.
When a filter is denoted as a product-based filter, it becomes available for use in the dynamic grid configuration options in your email touchpoints.
Apply the filter to a dynamic grid
To add a product-based filter to an email's dynamic grid, click the Add a Filter button, and choose from the list of product-based filters.
You are the owner of a specialty golf shop and you've received new Titleist stock.
Send an email announcing the new stock to your "Titleist" customers.
Target the right audience: As a specialty shop that prides itself on knowing what your customers are looking for, you want to avoid sending a filtered email to everyone. Instead, you can create a customer segment that only consists of individuals interested in the Titleist brand. For example, the segment could look at the last brand that a customer viewed or purchased. In this case, a segment based on the last viewed observation is used:
Create a Titleist product filter: With the audience selected, you want to ensure that the email only includes references to your Titleist stock. In this case, a simple filter concerning brand is created:
Apply the filter: With the Titleist product filter created, you can apply it to your email touchpoint. In this case, the filter is combined with the Zaius Recommendations source. This combination ensures that the products shown to the recipients are more tailored base on their past preferences.
Preview or test the filter results: With the filter applied to the dynamic product grid, it's time to ensure the results are what you expected. To preview the personalization in the editor:
- Select the Preview option that appears in the upper right.
- Once the initial preview has loaded, you can also choose to enter the email address or customer ID of a specific individual from the campaign's reachable audience to preview their version.
- Click the Preview button.
You can also preview the personalization in your inbox:
- In the editor, select the Test option that appears in the upper right.
- Enter the desired recipient(s) of the test email in the Recipient Email Address field. Multiple addresses need to be separated by commas.
- Click the Render template with customer (optional) dropdown menu and search for the email address or name of someone in the campaign's reachable audience to preview their version of the content. Leave the field blank to preview the email as an unspecified customer.
- Click the Send button.