The recipes feature streamlines the creation of common campaigns by automatically generating the necessary segments, filters, behaviors, and campaign structure. The user only needs to customize the campaign's settings and touchpoint content.
Configure a campaign
If you are using one of our out-of-the-box e-commerce integrations, various popular campaigns can be generated via a recipe. If you aren't utilizing one of the out-of-the-box solutions, then these same campaigns will need to be created from scratch.
Use a recipe
To create and send a campaign using a recipe:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- In the upper left, click Create New Campaign.
- Select the Behavioral or Transactional option from the prompt. The transactional option will not appear if you do not subscribe to the transactional email add-on.
- Select an available recipe if integrated with a compatible third-party app.
- Configure the campaign's Enrollment settings and touchpoints. Changes to the enrollment settings are not required; however, you must customize the touchpoints. This customization includes each touchpoint's design, content, and sender profile.
- Save the changes and Go Live when ready.
Create from scratch
To create a campaign from scratch, you will need to leverage various tools to develop the necessary components. These guides will help you create and combine the different pieces.
- The basics of campaign set-up
- Create and manage segments
- Create and manage behaviors
- Create and manage filters
A comparison of the "from recipe" and "from scratch" approaches of a few popular lifecycle campaigns can be found below. These campaigns serve to engage your customers, drive increased purchase rates, and create a more robust view of your customers over time.