Create a campaign that leverages and addresses multiple communication channels at each touchpoint.
What is omnichannel marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is all about the customer — the goal is to ensure that a customer’s interaction with your brand is consistent and seamless, no matter the device or channel. If your customer wants to research products in-store, price match on their phone, and buy on their iPad, then you enable them to carry out that process without asking them to identify themselves every time they switch channels. Every step in the process needs to be easy and convenient. Learn more.
Create omnichannel content
A single or multichannel campaign becomes omnichannel at the touchpoint level. If you'd like to review the other aspects of a campaign's setup, check out this guide before proceeding.
To create an omnichannel touchpoint:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Select or create a One-Time or Behavioral campaign.
- Click on the Edit icon of a campaign touchpoint to access the editor.
- In the prompt, select the first channel for your omnichannel touchpoint.
- Select the +Add Channel tab at the top of the editor. Each channel can only be used once.
- Configure the additional email, app push, or web push as desired.
- Repeat the "Add Channel" process for additional touchpoints if desired.
- Select the campaign's name from the breadcrumb menu, then the Save option at the top-right.
- Select the Go Live option at the top-right when the campaign is customer-ready.
Once the campaign is live, customers will be sent all the communications that they are eligible to receive.
Let's consider an omnichannel touchpoint that leverages both the email and web push channels. A customer that doesn't have an email address but is associated with a valid web push token would still receive the web push message and proceed to the next step in the campaign.
In contrast, the same customer would not receive any communications in a multichannel campaign that had an email touchpoint followed by a web push touchpoint. Instead, the customer would have been dropped from the campaign after failing to have a valid email address for the email touchpoint. No subsequent steps would be considered.
Disable or delete content
To disable or remove content from an omnichannel touchpoint:
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Select the campaign that includes the omnichannel content.
- Click the Edit icon on the touchpoint that includes the content.
- Select the More icon on the channel tab you'd like to disable or delete.
- Select the Disable or Delete option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Save option at the top-right.
Disabled content can be reenabled by following the same steps but selecting the Enable option from the More dropdown menu instead.