When your shoppers opt-in for SMS communications from your brand, you should follow-up with a confirmation message that sets expectations as to how often you'll contact them, inform them about messaging rates, and provide opt-out instructions.
Create Filter for New SMS Opt-ins
Step 1: Create New Filter
- Click the three-dot icon next to Campaigns in the main navigation
- Select Filters from the dropdown menu
- Select the Create New Filter option at the upper left
Step 2: Configure Filter
- Name your filter SMS Opt-in
- Check Account for Visibility
- Select Events for Feed
- Set up your filter definition as follows:
- Event Action = opt-in
- Event Type = consent
- Event Phone is not empty
- Save your filter
Create Confirmation Message
Now that your filter is ready, create a new Behavioral campaign that will send your confirmation message every time a new shopper opts in for SMS.
Step 1: Set up New Campaign
- Create a new Behavioral campaign
- Click Create From Scratch
- Under Enrollment, select Customers that trigger an event.
- Select your newly created SMS Opt-in filter in the Filter drop-down
Step 2: Create Your SMS
- Add SMS as your first touchpoint.
- Compose your SMS. Be sure to include:
- Your brand name, so your shopper can quickly identify you
- Confirmation that your shopper is now opted-in. Optionally, you can include how frequently you plan to send text messages
- Statement about messaging rates
- Opt-out instructions
Step 3: Preview
- Click Preview to see what your SMS would look like to your target segment.
- Click on the preview screen to display the full message in the phone’s messaging app.