Zaius allows you to create automated SMS campaigns that are triggered by keywords in text messages your customers send you. You can use keyword-triggered SMS campaigns to automate your responses (for instance, to support requests) or to allow your customers to opt into lists, such as lists based on hobbies, interests, concerns, etc.
In this example, you'll learn how to set up a keyword-triggered campaign that will respond with a link to your Support page when your customers text you "support".
Create Filter for Incoming SMS Keyword
Step 1: Create New Filter
First, you need to create a new filter for incoming text messages that contain the word "support". Navigate to Filters:
- Click the three-dot icon next to Campaigns in the main navigation
- Select Filters from the dropdown menu
- Select the Create New Filter option at the upper left
Step 2: Configure Filter
Configure and save your filter:
- Name your filter SMS Engagement - Support
- Check Account for Visibility
- Select Events for Feed
- Set up your filter definition as follows:
- Event Type = sms
- Event Action = engage
- Campaign Event Value ≈ support
- Make sure to use "matches" as the operator, instead of "equal", to avoid issues with capitalization (i.e., to make it so the keyword is not case sensitive)
- Save your filter
Create Confirmation Message
Next, you need to create a new Behavioral campaign that will send the reply to your customers' text messages.
Step 1: Set up New Campaign
- Create a new Behavioral campaign
- Click Create From Scratch
- Under Enrollment, select Customers that trigger an event
- Select your newly created SMS Engagement - Support filter in the Filter drop-down
Step 2: Create Your SMS
- Add SMS as your first touchpoint.
- Compose your SMS and add a link to your Support page.
Step 3: Launch Your SMS Campaign
Once your SMS is ready, go live with your campaign. Now, whenever your customers text you "support," your automated campaign will send them a reply with a link to your Support page.