Criteo Audience Sync App
The Criteo Audience Sync app allows you to sync data science-powered ODP (formerly known as Zaius) segments into Criteo for more precise campaign targeting.
This integration is one-way, meaning it only sends data to Criteo. Data is updated nightly.
We offer five segment categories, with each category containing multiple segments, for syncing into Criteo as pre-defined audiences:
- Winback: Syncs three audiences for churn prevention (Engaged, Winback, Churned)
- Order Likelihood: Syncs four audiences for different likelihoods to purchase in the next six weeks (Unlikely, Likely, Very Likely, Extremely Likely)
- Discount Usage: Syncs three audiences for discount usage (Always, Sometimes, Never)
- Customer Value by Order Count Percentile: Syncs four audiences for customer value, defined by order count percentile (Greater than 75, Between 50 and 75, Between 25 and 50, Less than 25)
- Customer Value by Total Revenue Percentile: Syncs four audiences for customer value, defined by total revenue percentile (Greater than 75, Between 50 and 75, Between 25 and 50, Less than 25)
You can select any or all of these five categories to send to Criteo when you configure the integration. You can change your selections at any time. Disabling an audience from your configuration does not remove the field or the data on the Criteo side; however, the audiences will stop refreshing.
Note that for the Customer Value audiences, the "Greater than 75" segments represent the top 25% of your customers. You can learn more about percentiles here.
Data will sync overnight, every night, for all customers in ODP with an email. Audiences will be prefaced with "Zaius" in Criteo.
Step 1: Install Criteo Audience Sync App
- Enable the Criteo Audience Sync app in ODP by navigating to the App Directory , choosing Criteo Audience Sync, then clicking Install App.
- Next, click on the Authorize button under the Settings tab.
- You will be redirected to Criteo's Consent page, where you will have to select your Criteo account to which you want to connect your ODP account. After checking the box by your account, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Approve.
- On the next page, select the ODP account in which you want to configure the integration.
Step 2: Configure Audiences for Sync
- Finally, select which segment categories you want to sync over to Criteo. By default, all segment categories are toggled on. When you're all set with your category selection, click Save. Make sure you save, even if you do not make changes to the defaults. You may then start an immediate sync. If you do not start a sync, your next sync will be overnight.
- Come back to this page at any time to make changes to your configuration.
Manual List Upload to Criteo
Another way of creating audiences in Criteo using ODP data is by uploading an email list to Criteo. To get a custom ODP segment into Criteo, create your segment in ODP first, apply that segment to your Customer Profiles, then export the email addresses belonging to that segment. Note that Criteo requires that your segment contains a minimum of 500 distinct contacts/email addresses.
In the Export window, deselect all customer attributes for exporting, except the Last Seen Email field.
Next, navigate to Audiences in your Criteo account and upload your list to Criteo. (Criteo will require that your emails are hashed.)
You will have to manually update this audience in Criteo to capture ongoing changes. You can also use these ODP audiences to generate lookalike models in Criteo.